Saturday, April 11, 2009

Symbol of a Never-Ending Journey



Traveling shows us new ways of living, thinking, and viewing the world. Such is the case with this business card whose logo I chose 4-5 years ago. It took a trip to New Mexico before I learned how appropriate this logo was to my current writing focus.

While visiting Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa two falls ago I met the resort's general manager and we traded business cards. I had only recently begun to put a major emphasis on travel writing when he pointed at the spiral in the logo's center and asked, "Did you know this symbol means 'the journey'?" My jaw dropped as I thanked him for the information.

Since that meeting I have seen the spiral many times throughout the Southwest, from Petroglyph National Monument outside of Albuquerque to Enchantment Resort in Sedona's stunning Boynton Canyon. But the most beautiful representation of the spiral I've seen, so far, was in the lobby ceiling at Taos' El Monte Sagrado resort.

The enormous crystal mounted in the center seemed to produce palpable positive energy and I took every opportunity to stand below and gaze at it. And, each time I see another spiral during my travels, it seems to verify that I've chosen the right writing - and life - track.






No comments: